Friday, April 3, 2015

Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) test shot

I've been playing with a dental x-ray sensor and getting some pretty good results.  Ultimately I'd like it to help reverse engineer PCBs and related security modules.  Here is a shot where you can clearly see bond wires:






This is still relatively early in my testing and I can probably still do a lot more to get better resolution.


With basic imaging working, I'm trying to take it a step further and do CBCT.  Sneak peak at setup:


 I made some test shots into a video but I'm still in the process of trying to stitch them into a proper 3d model.  I'm likely going to use plastimatch and/or RTK.

Once I get that working I'd like to try to laminography ("5DX").  Although I haven't looked too hard, I get the impression there might not be a lot of FOSS software to do this and so might require a bit more effort.

EDIT: slides from a presentation I did

No comments:

Post a Comment